My Tiny House Inside

 So today I thought I'd show some pictures of my tiny house. This is the inside of the front door. You can see my Art Doll cabinet and my Hello Kitty guitar. One of my fish tanks and the Sunflower linen curtains I made. I think my house is quite large for a tiny house. I have lots of room. I tried to get pictures that conveyed a sense of the roominess. But it is difficult to take nice photos in a small space. 
 I usually come in the back door of my house because that is where I park and it is a level entry which is nice. The back door opens into my mud room. This is a purely functional storage space where my hot water tank and laundry facilities are. I almost didn't want to take pictures as it is not nessesarly "pretty" to look at. But it holds all my fiber that I use to make fiber art. That is some bulky stuff. It fills multiple garbage bags. I keep it in plastic to keep moths out. As you can see everything in here is organized but it is "organized chaos" in a way. All my canning stuff is out here and lots of art supplies too. Plus I have grow lights on the first two shelves so I can clear them off and start seedlings here. 
 Next up is my studio. Once again this is "organized chaos" I have a tiny studio and I do a lot of different things so it is jam packed with stuff. I make my paintings on the table. I do them laying flat. I also use the table to cut fabric for sewing and set up my sewing machines and sergers on it when sewing. While not in use all these machines are tucked away in various locations around the room. I have lots of shelves in the room. My fabric collection for sewing is all on one wall and goes nearly up to the ceiling. Plus I have my lace weight wheel in here and a desk for making jewelry at. The closet is full of clothing for upcylcing. 

 Below you can see my swift on top of the table and various canvases I am prepping. As well as bins of finish pieces, supplies and tools.

 These are just general shots of the studio. I try to keep things organized and up off the floor if possible.
 This is the little "hallway" into the bathroom. There is storage for my linens and space for a cat box. My easel hangs out here. 
 The bathroom is tiny. But it has a soaker tub! A definite bonus! You can see Roanen getting a drink from the tap. I painted the bathroom and added a lot of little racks and a small vanity for storage. 

 I also put in all of the mirrors. Id like to put in better makeup lights eventually.

 The kitchen is a fair size for a tiny kitchen. I make up for lack of counter space by adding the table and the freezer in the corner doubles as a counter, things are stored on top of it. I can see a lot of my stuff as there is very little cupboard space.

 Here are some shots of the living room. I spend the most time in here. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen too I guess. I love to cook so I really use the kitchen. 

 You can see my fish tanks. I have two Fluval fish tanks. I love them so much. They are beautiful and I love the bubbling water trickling sounds. 
In the corner you can see my loom. Her name is Minerva. She is a four harness Jack Loom. She is basically a tiny little full sized floor loom. She is all folded up so that cuts her footprint in half. I put up all the shelves around the top of the room and did all the paint on the walls. Some of the art on the walls is mine and some of it is part of my collection of local artists. 
 My bedroom is tiny. As you can see my bed takes up over half the room. I have a very nice bed. It cost twice as much as my truck. Silken is in the process of dismantling it. She has torn a hole in the bottom and climbs inside. She claws it too. We fight about it but I cannot stop her. Most of may art collection is in here. I like to lay in bed and admire it. I made the curtains out of Vintage French designer fabric that I got in an estate sale. The quilt on my bed was made by my Grandmother. The stairs by the bed are pet stairs so my tiny lil doggie can get in bed cuz it is to high for her to jump up. Despite the fact that it is so tiny it has lots of storage space. Out of sight there are two closets. They hold most of my clothing as well as the chest of drawers. The area rugs are silk. I put up the shelves. 


So thats my cozy lil tiny house. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My garden this spring

Bertie and Bercie