Seaweed woman


Seaweed Woman

I am seaweed woman
Gathering seaweed on my back
Walking
Shoulders bowed by the weight
Seeking to blend
The sea with the soil
Hoping to spawn
Fertility
My feet are mired
Deep in the turf
My head floats away
On the ebbing tide
Where is fire?
Certainly not in my head
So waterlogged and 
Dreamy
Somewhere deep
Beneath my feet
Fire reaches for me
I am in love with
Fires spirit
All passion and sparks
Blowing smoke up my skirt
Making my eyes water
My head is steaming
What to do with fire spirit?
Who whispers in tongues
How sweet it is
To be engulfed
Devoured
When he is done
Am I steam?
Am I ashes?
Ashes are said
To be good for the soil
We both are of the earth
And know what it is
To be ashes

~Katrina Marie Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Tiny House Inside

My garden this spring

Bertie and Bercie