Guitars

 These are my guitars. I love them. I honestly barely play. I am just learning. Learning new things is good for the brain they say. So I have been re-learning music. I took music in school as a kid. I learned to play flute and sing. I also learned how to read music. But it's all a little foggy these days. My first guitar was the Ariana in the foreground. I painted it. It has some defects in the finish that I covered up. The bridge on it is lifting. But it's been that way since i bought it in 1995. So I don't think it's going to give out any time soon. I love it. It has a really big voice. It has been all over Canada with me. I never stayed any one place very long in my youth. In fact I never stayed long anywhere or had very many possessions most of my life. I just settled down the last ten years or so. Until then my guitar was one of the only possessions I hung on to. I never had more than I could fit in my car. Which was a Hyundai hatchback little thing. 

I got the blue acoustic electric just a few years ago because I was told my Ariana was imminently on deaths door. I laugh at that now. It's a little messed but it is going to live forever! I love the shiny blue one too. But it's a little delicate. About two days after I brought it home I bumped it against the coffee table and it left a mark. The finish kind of stresses me out cuz it's so delicate. So needless to say I rarely take it out of my house. The Mandolin I just got last year. I think it's absolutely beautiful and am dying to learn how to play it. It has eight strings! The little fiddle is something I have always dreamed of learning to play. So I got one! One day. Soon. I just need to work less so I have more time. 
This is my electric guitar. I love it so hard!!! I can barely play it but Im working on it ever so slowly. I got this little amp to go with it a couple years ago. It was my birthday present to me! I love it. Before that I had this tiny almost like a toy amp. It's kind of a weird thing to be so obsessed with this at this point.  I plug in my guitars and just play with the amp and make interesting little tunes and sounds. It's lovely. It's called a Mustang. Which I love. Being horsey and all. 
My music teacher said I would learn musical theory faster if I got a key board. So I have got one of those too. I don't know how to play the piano either. But Momo does. I'm going to ask her to teach me. I have tried lessons with a couple different people now. And with on-line apps. I think music is like dance. I need to practice all the time. I never practice enough. Come to think of it I don't practice dance enough either. I belly dance. I like Tribal Fusion. I use an on-line app for lessons called Datura. I've been dancing since I was about 12. But mostly Ballet with some Jazz, Modern and Tap. Belly is a relatively new thing. I started years ago but like I said I need to practice more. Practice, practice, practice!!!

I got rid of most of my furniture and my carpet to make room to practice my dancing. Now there is nowhere for guests to sit. I don't mind that. I don't entertain much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Tiny House Inside

Bertie and Bercie

My garden this spring